WHDL - 00013373
WHDL - 00013373
Dancing with the Scars
Life hurts and cuts, and you bleed. You are left with permanent hurt. Sometimes, there are memories and wounds that just won't go away. Abuse. Depression. Tragedy. Death. Addiction. So what are you going to do? Faith in God doesn't prevent us from having scars like these. In fact, our Lord we follow was pretty scarred himself. But you gotta keep dancing. Through Jesus, we are given access to a living faith and hope and joy and peace and love that gives us power to keep dancing, to embrace scars and know that they don't define or destroy us.
Isaiah 53:5 (NIV) 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds, we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5 (NASB) 5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging, we are healed.
1. Week one Easter – His scars Heal our Scars
- How scars develop?
- Scars tell stories.
- How we coop? Medicate?
- Jesus came to heal our scars
- Thomas “look at my scars”
- Jesus started dancing with his scars
- Response card: process, salvation, small group, praying for/supporting Dancing series
Take away: Will you join Him in the dance? Accept Jesus
2. Week two: - Dancing with the Scars week 1: Abuse
Video testimony bumper - of someone recovering from abuse
Take away begin/continue healing process today ideas anointing prayer station/ ie all worship explained - take next steps footsteps to celebrate recovery/book TBD
3. Week three - Dancing with the Scars week 2: Anxiety and Depression
Video testimony bumper - someone dealing with anxiety and depression
-Panel – Rebecca testimony – panel of experts Cherie Danny and Lynette King
Take away: take steps to deal with your scars/ begin your healing today
4. Week four - Dancing with the Scars week 3: Aftermath (tragedy and Loss)
- Video testimony bumper of someone dealing with loss
Take away: Will you let Jesus help you with loss?
5. Week five - Dancing with the Scars week 4: Addiction
- Video testimony bumper -testimony of someone coming out of addiction
Take away: do not be mastered by anything